I’m Corrine Kenner, and I specialize in bringing metaphysical subjects down to earth. I’m an author, astrologer, and tarot-card reader. I’m also a psychic medium, and I own a haunted antique shop in DeLand, Florida. I teach weekly classes in creative writing and psychic development, and I host monthly book clubs for ghost-story enthusiasts. I also offer private tarot, astrology, and tea-leaf readings at the shop. (If you’d like to schedule a reading, click here.)
I started my career as a newspaper reporter, and in the years since then I’ve worked as a magazine editor, media relations specialist, ghostwriter, and desktop publisher. I’ve written hundreds of newspaper, magazine, and website articles, as well as dozens of how-to guides and technical manuals.
Many of my books have been translated for a worldwide audience: they’re available in Chinese, French, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
I’ve lived in Brazil, where I learned Portuguese, and Los Angeles, where I earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from California State University. In 2016, I spent a month in a French castle, writing a novel — a project that was featured on CNN. I’ve also had the good fortune to speak at tarot conferences across the United States, Canada, and England.
I live in DeLand, Florida, a small town halfway between Daytona Beach and Orlando.
You can buy copies of my books in the shop or online. They include:
- Foresight: A Guide to the Before Tarot (2018)
- Afterthoughts: A Guide to the After Tarot (2017)
- Flash Fiction (2016)
- The Colors of Light: The Official Guide to the Impressionist Tarot (2015)
- The Ghosts of Devils Lake: True Stories from my Haunted Hometowne (2013)
- Astrology for Writers: Spark Your Creativity Using the Zodiac (2013)
- Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings with the Wisdom of the Zodiac (2012)
- The Wizards Tarot Deck and Guidebook (2011)
- Susan and the Mermaid: A Rediscovered Story by Pamela Colman Smith (2010)
- Tarot for Writers (2009)
- Simple Fortunetelling with Tarot Cards: Corrine Kenner’s Complete Guide (2007)
- Crystals for Beginners: A Guide to Collecting & Using Stones & Crystals (2006)
- Tarot Journaling: Using the Celtic Cross to Unveil Your Hidden Story (2006)
- Tall Dark Stranger: Tarot for Love and Romance (2005)
- The Epicurean Tarot (2001)
Current Work in Progress
Most writers keep several projects going at once. Here are the books I’m working on now.
- A novel about one of Queen Victoria’s maids who left London to become a pioneer in Dakota Territory.
- A collection of short stories based on work at the Salvador Dali Museum.
- A series of poems based on the ancient myths and legends associated with the night sky.
- Ghost stories illustrated with photos I took in New Orleans one Halloween.
- Flash fiction inspired by prompts from my Flash Fiction book.
I started my career as a newspaper reporter, and then moved into media relations, magazine editing, book publishing, marketing, and website development. Over the years, I’ve worked as a staff writer for The Orange County Register in Santa Ana, California; as a media relations specialist for Children’s Hospital of Orange County in California; as a copy editor for the Pioneer Press in St. Paul, Minnesota; as an editor for Llewellyn Publishing in St. Paul, Minnesota; and as director of communications for Cadgraphics, Inc., which makes fire and security software for corporate and government clients like Microsoft and the Department of Homeland Security.
In addition to writing and editing, I also like graphic design — because good writing won’t be read if it looks hard to read. The skills I learned in traditional publishing have made the leap into electronic publishing, and I’ve self-published some of my work.
I earned a bachelor’s degree in philosophy from California State University, Long Beach. Studying philosophy helped me learn how to think critically and communicate clearly.
- Facebook author page facebook.com/corrinekenner
- Personal Facebook facebook.com/corrinelynnkenner
- Twitter twitter.com/corrinekenner
- Gmail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vintage Cottage email email@example.com
Visit the Haunted Antique Shop
If you’re ever in Central Florida, please come see me at the Vintage Cottage! It’s close to both Orlando and Daytona Beach, at 612 West New York Avenue in DeLand, Florida, 32720.