- This event has passed.
VINTAGE COTTAGE WRITERS: Writers Support Group
February 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am ESTFree
Our Writers Support Group brings writers together to share experience, advice, information, and inspiration.
We meet on the second Saturday of each month. Reserve your spot early; space is limited to 7 participants. Please note that we do need at least 3 participants to hold each workshop, so encourage your writing friends to come, too! We’ll confirm each evening meeting by 6 p.m. the night before. Check our Facebook and Twitter feeds for updates.
Our Focus this Month: Brainstorming
When you’ve got a big writing project in mind, where do you start? Everywhere! Brainstorming can bring your story — or your book — into laser-sharp focus. I’ll show you how I use brainstorming to develop an entire outline in practically no time. Bring your best brainstorming methods, tips, and hints to share, too.
What to Expect
Each meeting follows the same basic format.
- Welcome. Each meeting begins with introductions and an easy icebreaker questions, like, “What book are you reading right now?”
- Discussion. We’ll focus on a single topic — how to write your author bio, for example.
- Practice. We’ll spend a few minutes developing a rough draft related to the topic at hand, and then share our results.
- Take-away. We’ll close with final thoughts and follow-up ideas.
Writing can be a lonely process, with a learning curve that never ends. When you join our Writers Support Group, you can:
- Meet fellow writers
- Make friends
- Celebrate success
- Share resources
- Trade tips and techniques
- Offer encouragement
- Ask questions
- Get feedback
- Stay motivated
- Be inspired
This is a support group, not a critque group.
- We focus on strengths, not weaknesses.
- We meet to cooperate, not compete.
Feel free to bring your favorite snack, or help yourself to complimentary coffee, tea, and cookies in the kitchenette.
This workshop is free for current members of the Vintage Cottage Writers Group, and $10 for non-members. To join the group, visit https://vintagecottagewriters.com.
The Vintage Cottage is easy to find! We’re located at 612 West New York Avenue. It’s the central east-west route through DeLand, between Stone Street and Orange Avenue. (We’re six blocks west of main street.) We have our own parking lots, with plenty of free parking, in front and in back.
About the Organizer
Corrine Kenner is a former newspaper reporter, magazine editor, and public relations specialist. She’s the author of more than two dozen books, including “Tarot for Writers,” “Astrology for Writers,” and “The Ghosts of Devils Lake.” You can find her books for sale at the Vintage Cottage and on Amazon at https://amazon.com/author/corrinekenner.
- Text Corrine at 386-414-3794
- Facebook messenger: https://m.me/vintagecottageantiques